Large Corporations Donation Trends
To find current trends about corporate giving in the U.S.
Below are examples of current giving trends for large corporations:
1) Trend 1: Year-long Giving Campaigns
- Research has shown that 85% of the largest corporations currently run their giving programs all year.
- This was not the case just five years ago with corporate giving programs lasting between four to eight weeks.
- The extension of the donation period in corporations results in increased employee donations, engagement and impact.
2) Trend 2: Aligning Charity with Corporate Strategy
- Large corporations are partnering with fewer nonprofits and focusing on causes that are closely aligned to their company's vision or strategy.
- 40% of corporations are devoting their highest proportion of donations towards a cause that is aligned with their top-priority strategic area.
- Companies are increasing their donations but reducing the number of recipients.
- They are deciding to donate to nonprofits that are aligned to their missions.
- As an example, companies in the energy sector tend to focus on supporting nonprofits in the education sector and disaster Relief.
- CPG Corporations' highest charitable contributions are directed towards environmental nonprofits as well as the ones supporting the culture and the arts.
- Companies active in the healthcare space tend to focus on donating to health and social services nonprofits.
- In 2019, Disney focused their charitable programs on nonprofits that support kids, families and communities worldwide.
- It has been estimated that companies can generate a potential return of $1 billion from taking a strategic approach to corporate charitable donations.
- This trend is projected to continue for the foreseeable future as companies can improve their sales by up to 20% and reduce employee turnover by 25% to 50% if they design their corporate donating program successfully.
3) Trend 3: Worldwide Donations
- Large corporations are using international donations to build a local reputation in new markets and attract local talent.
- The biggest American companies have donation programs covering 189 countries, the largest recipients being Europe, China, and India.
- International donation programs examples include HP awarding grants to charities located in the UK, Romania, Bulgaria and India.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.