Drag Queen Research - Wig Brands
To determine the top four wig brands in the US (segmenting for use in the drag community and the general population) as well as to gather purchase-journey information and regional segmentation in sales.
- According to Arizton's market research, "the hair wigs and extension market is projected to generate revenues of more than $10 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of approximately 9% during 2017-2023."
- Further, this research states that the market is broadly segmented "by type (and) is classified into wigs (leisure, beautification, functional, lace, monofilament, human hair, and synthetic hair) and extensions (lengthening and volumizing, coloring, styling, clip-in, micro link, tape-in, glue-in, human hair, and synthetic hair)."
- "The wigs segment dominated in 2017, growing at a CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period" and tangentially, "the synthetic hair segment occupied a section of the market share in 2017, growing at a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period."
- "The introduction of multicolored and theme-based wigs for occasions like concerts, games, Halloween, and theme parties will help boost revenues in the hair wigs and extension market."
- Traditional major geographic segmentation of this market falls into North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW (Rest of Word). APAC is second to North America in its market share.
- The market research also indicates that Godrej, Great Lengths, and Evergreen Products Group Limited are likely to be the top players in the market. Of note, these may be parent companies (in Godrej's case, definitely) which produce multiple brands within the category.
Top Wig Brands in the US
According to the Consumer Affairs website, the following brands are among the top in the United States:
- Paula Young Wigs (Founded in 1978, Paula Young Wigs is an Internet-based discount women’s wig retailer. It offers a wide selection of discount wigs in many lengths, styles and colors, as well as wig accessories and hair pieces.)
- Voguewigs (Voguewigs is an Internet-based wig shop for women, men and children. It offers a large selection of medical, fashion and costume wigs; hair pieces; extensions; and more in modern styles, lengths and colors.)
- Ace Wigs (Since 1996, Ace Wigs has sold wigs online, now offering over 4000 medical and fashion styles. They offer synthetic and genuine hair wigs in a variety of textures, colors, styles and lengths as well as accessories and supplies.)
- BeautyTrends (Beautytrends is an online wig retailer based in Saint Louis, Missouri. It offers women’s human hair and synthetic wigs, hair pieces, wiglets, extensions and accessories for medical and genetic hair loss and fashion wear.)
- De Novo Hair (Based in New York, De Novo Hair is an online wig retailer specializing in women’s lace wigs, hair pieces and accessories. It offers a selection of styles and textures and also allows consumers to custom order a wig or hairpiece.)
Drag Wig Brands
Two of the popular brands of wigs in the drag community are:
- Wigs by Vanity (Their "wigs are made for drag queens, by drag queens and they are the ultimate for drag queens, showgirls, crossdressers, bio queens, cosplay, theatre and more. While traditional wigs are made for a smaller female head, we design our wigs with a larger cap that is one-size fits most. With plenty of high-quality synthetic fibre perfect for big fabulous styles or a sleek elegant look our hair-lines are hand-knotted to cover a male hairline to give you a stunning female illusion. We aim to deliver the most fabulous, unclockable hair on the market".)
- Arda Wigs (The site offers both wigs and makeup)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.