Consumer Experience: Industry Drivers
To identify the drivers of change in consumer experience.
Increased Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- According to a Forbes publication, "robotic process automation, or RPA, helps businesses automate repetitive tasks to increase efficiency and decrease costs." This allows humans more time to focus on human-inclined tasks such as creativity, innovation, connecting with customers, strategy, problem-solving, and the development of a more robust customer experience.
- The main advantage of an RPA system is that it can be tailored to fit any job description required of it, from simple actions such as automatically responding to emails to controlling a pack of bots to automate work tactically.
- An example of the versatility of RPA can be seen in a bank, which "redesigned its claims process and deployed 85 or bots running 13 processes, handling 1.5 million requests per year. The bank added capacity equivalent to more than 200 full-time employees at approximately 30% of the cost of recruiting more staff."
- Another example is Allstate, which uses a chatbot named Amelia to aid its employees in customer interactions. Contact center agents at the bank leverage Amelia to remain updated with the latest insurance regulations and protocol while responding to customers' phone calls.
- This enables customers to get the personal interaction they desire, at the speed and efficiency of a chatbot. "They do not have to wait for agents to look through huge amounts of constantly changing insurance information manually."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.