UK Drone Detection
The goal is to determine the market size of drone detection in the UK, the top players, and what type of industries use this technology.
- The global anti-drone market size (which encompasses drone detection), is estimated to reach $4.5 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 29.9%.
- Last year, the UK government funded 18 projects regarding anti-drone technology totalling $2.57 million.
- Some of the funded projects come at the request of the UK Ministry of Defence's Defence and Security Accelerator program.
- Some of the contractors receiving funding from the UK specifically for drone detection include PA Consulting and Plextek Services.
- UK Airports are being encouraged by the government to invest in drone detection systems to reduce the reliance on the Royal Air Force to deal with drone issues.
- Two of the UK's biggest airports, Heathrow and Gatwick, have already invested in military grade drone detection technology that can track drones up to six miles away.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Almost all anti-drone or drone detection sources related to the UK were about the airports buying that type of technology. We suggest widening the scope to global to get a better idea of potential uses of the tech. We can provide 2-3 case studies of organizations or companies that have started using drone detection technology. For each, we will provide what the org/company is, what type of drone detection or anti-drone technology they are using, why they are using it, and what positive effects have come from it (or what they hope to achieve).
Alternatively, or additionally, we can provide the top 3-4 drone detection companies in the UK. For each, we will provide their revenue, their product offerings, pricing, and what industries they serve.