UK Drone Detection
The goal is to determine the market size of drone detection in the UK, the top players, and what type of industries use this technology.
- The global anti-drone market size (which encompasses drone detection), is estimated to reach $4.5 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 29.9%.
- Last year, the UK government funded 18 projects regarding anti-drone technology totalling $2.57 million.
- Some of the funded projects come at the request of the UK Ministry of Defence's Defence and Security Accelerator program.
- Some of the contractors receiving funding from the UK specifically for drone detection include PA Consulting and Plextek Services.
- UK Airports are being encouraged by the government to invest in drone detection systems to reduce the reliance on the Royal Air Force to deal with drone issues.
- Two of the UK's biggest airports, Heathrow and Gatwick, have already invested in military grade drone detection technology that can track drones up to six miles away.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.