DRTV Consumer Profile
To understand the demographics and psychographics of the As Seen on TV & HSN consumer - including age, income, location, buying habits, other brands followed, family status, gender, and social media habits, i.e. active times of day - as well as the top-selling items or kitchen tools/gadget brand on those channels.
Our initial research indicates that direct-response TV (DRTV) customers are predominantly female, age 30 and older. HSN's model is designed specifically to connect with their consumer and provide quality products, and the network tracks and heavily engages with their core consumers. Telebrands, on the other hand, appears to operate on a different strategy, focused on the broadest reach possible. For this reason, our preliminary research indicates that information on the HSN consumer is much more available than on the 'typical' Telebrand consumer.
- The HSN core consumer is female, over 35 years of age, and "is looking to buy everything from shapewear to kitchen appliances from a trusted source." She prefers the convenience of shopping through HSN (rather than going out to brick and mortar retail establishments), and she appreciates the reliability of buying from a trusted source.
- Many HSN consumers are 'middle-aged women with families.'
- The top three best-selling kitchen products for HSN in the past month include the Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick Square Grill Pan and Griddle Pan, the DASH 1450-Watt 10-Liter Air Fryer Oven, and the Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 8" Frypan.
- Telebrands is the business which originally coined the logo 'As Seen on TV.'
- Telebrands operates in 70 countries worldwide. Some of its most successful products include "Star Shower Holiday lighting, Colorama Adult coloring books, AmberVision sunglasses."
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.