Duck Duck Go & Private Search Market Growth
Gain an understanding of how Duck Duck Go is positioned for growth in the next 5 years against Google, including projected market growth for private search, and whether Bing also fits into that market trajectory, in order to understand how the search engine may shift and Google's dominance in this space.
Private Search Market
- The private search engine market is projected to have a growth of 9% globally through 2027.
- Top players in this space are Qwant, Duckduckgo, Startpage, Peekier, and Oscobo.
- 53% of online users surveyed said they felt more concerned about their online privacy in 2019 than in 2018.
- The COVID crisis has also increased awareness around the need for data and privacy protections.
- 63% of those polled said that they didn't believe allowing access to personal search information lead to a better online experience.
- Google holds 88.5% of the search engine market, Bing holds 6.12%, and DuckDuckGo holds .99%.
- Despite a small global market share compared to Google, DuckDuckGo is the fourth largest search engine in the US.
- The company conducts over 1 billion searches per month globally.
- They have seen rapid growth, with only 10 million searches per day in 2015, 20 million searches per day by October 2018, and 38 million searches per day in April 2019.
- DuckDuckGo also has received $1.9 million in donations to support their online search privacy efforts.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.