Durex eSports Marketing
Provide the following insights: one, a breakdown of the US e-sports category in term of audience and type of game; two, case studies showing how brands successfully infiltrated the e-sports space and connected with Gen Z males in this space; three, a list of ways Durex could authentically find a way into the e-sports sector in a way that will resonate with 18-25 year old males choosing a condom brand for the first time; and four, gaming trends for Millennial males compared to Gen Z males.
Esports Industry Insights
- The main actors in the Esports industry are players, teams which specializing in specific games, organizations that recruit teams, leagues run by companies like Major League Gaming or the Electronic Sports League, and publishers like Riot Games and Vale which create the games.
- Gaming-specific streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube Gaming give fans a direct connection to players and teams.
- The top esports games of 2020, based on viewership, events, and other factors, are the following: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Fortnite, Dota 2, Call of Duty, and Overwatch.
- The top esports games of 2019, based on the number of sales, players, and tournaments, were the following: Fortnite, Dota 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, PlayerUnknown, and Overwatch.
- In 2016, 22% of eSports revenue came from advertising, totaling around $155 million.
Esports Audience Insights
- There were approximately 25.7 million eSports viewers in the US in 2018.
- By 2023, an estimated 15.5% of internet users in the US will watch eSports at least once a month.
- Twitch and YouTube have 1.13 million and 432,000 active streamers of eSports per quarter respectively.
- Around 40% to 45% of video game players are female, although this percentage is decreasing and is especially low in racing and tactical shooter games.
- The most populous gaming population is the 21-35 age bracket, but 61% of viewers are under the age of 35.
- Around 43% of eSports viewers report that they always appreciate when brands reach them through the gaming world.
- In the US, approximately 58% of eSports fans feel positively about brand involvement in eSports.
- Fewer than 40% of eSports fans watch TV on a weekly basis.
Marketing Case Studies
- In 2017, Nestle launched its Wildest Fans campaign, aimed at the French eSports community.
Other Relevant Insights
- Nielson's Esports 24 is dedicated solely to researching the eSports industry and providing insights to potential sponsors.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.