Book Publishing Forecasts
Provide growth trend forecasts for print, ebook and audiobook publishing industries, including both fiction and non-fiction.
- Print books are expected to reach $49 billion in 2024. This is based on a 1% compound annual growth rate which equates to about $49.49 billion in 2025 if this growth rate continued ($49 billion * 1.01).
- Sales values specifically for fiction and non-fiction market shares in print were not found available except behind paywall.
- In 2020, the value of the ebook market reached $5.224 billion.
- At a 3.6% increase per year, the growth of this market is expected to reach $6.007 billion in 2024. If this growth rate continued at approximately the same rate to 2025, the market would reach $6.223 billion ($6.007 billion * 1.036).
- Sales values specifically for fiction and non-fiction market shares in ebook formats were not found available except behind paywall.
- Though there were no available forecasts for the next five years for the audiobook market available, this segment shows the strongest growth rate of 17.2% as customers adopt this format and digital options become increasingly more popular and available.
- Other estimates of audiobook market growth rates reach 24.5%.
- Though these growth rates have continued to dramatically increase, and could compound further, if using currently available growth rates to calculate an approximate audiobook market forecast, the market will likely reach between $2.855 billion and $4.358 billion in 2025 from $940 million in sales in 2018 ($940 million compounded by 17.2% and 24.5% respectively over the seven year period from 2018 to 2025).
- Fiction and non-fiction audiobook categories were nearly the same in terms of revenue as of 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.