E-cigarette/Vaping Product Numbers and Growth
To understand the growth of e-cigarette (vaping) products that have entered the U.S. market over the past decade for the purposes of informing current client work.
A preliminary search indicates that there is a lack of directly available information on the growth of the number of e-cigarette or vaping products between 2009 and 2019. We were able to find the following data points in our early searches:
- In January 2014, there were 466 brands and 7,764 unique flavors of e-cigarettes available over the Internet.
- In August 2012, there were 288 brands of e-cigarettes available on the global market.
- Over 17 months, 37 brands went out of business, but 215 new brands joined the market.
- This represented a net growth of 10.5 brands and 242 flavors per month over a 17-month period (between August 2012 and January 2014).
- Between 2010 and 2013, the percentage of cigarette smokers who had used an e-cigarette device increased from 9.8% to 36.5%.
- Aggregated annual e-cigarette sales increased 16% between 2015 and 2016 and 47% between 2016 and 2017.
- In 2015, the value of the e-cigarette market in the U.S. was worth $2.5 billion, which increased to $3.5 billion in 2015.
- It may be possible to provide a triangulated estimate of the number of e-cigarette brands in 2009 by examining the historical archives of websites that sell these products.
- For instance, the pages of the website Premium Cigarettes from 2009 are available, which would provide the information necessary to manually count the products available.
- Then, using the same process for the same companies in 2019, the growth of brands could be estimated, as could the growth per day, week, or month.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
- Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Mordor Intelligence LLP for an additional $3,250.00. This research includes a full assessment of the U.S. e-cigarettes market to include growth and trends.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.