Economic Inequality: Grants
Determine the grant and funding possibilities for a technology-focused think tank that is tackling economic inequality. The information will be used to apply for a grant and build the business model for the think tank.
ECONOMIC INEQUALITY: GRANTS LANDSCAPE
- In recent years, many foundations turn their focus on initiatives that promote equality.
- However, the economic divide seems to be getting wider in the US due to several factors.
- There is also a new tax law that was recently enacted that economists predicted will only lead to worsening inequality.
- The tax law is also expected to result in the reduction of "government safety net programs" over the years.
- Around the country, politicians are also pursuing regulations that are more likely to move wealth upwards and reduce social programs.
- Also, mainstream and liberal philanthropists are not concentrating on critical areas such as economics, regulation, and entitlements, as well as the conservatives' investments in media, legal networks and movement building.
- They concentrated instead on small community-based initiatives to "build wealth, create jobs and housing, and improve human services."
- As a result, philanthropic efforts are not as effective in eradicating economic inequalities.
- Because of these scenarios, analysts are also saying that the efforts of these foundations are ineffective as they are more concentrated on "nurturing saplings while the forest is being clear-cut."
ECONOMIC INEQUALITY: GRANT PROGRAMS
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.