To determine the number of electric meters present in homes in the US.
- There are about 150 million electricity customers in the United States.
- As of 2018, 134,846,454 electric meters have been installed in residential buildings in the United States, according to the EIA.
- The adoption of smart meters is growing throughout the nation. A total of 76,498,388 advanced (smart) metering infrastructure (AMI) have been installed in residential buildings as of 2018.
- There is a growing privacy concern surrounding the use of smart meters, especially on the amount and type of data the devices can collect.
- The additional benefits associated with the installation of smart meters do not justify the cost, according to several reports.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.