Electric Scooters, Bikes, and Motorcycles
To determine the number of private and rideshare bikes in the US including escooters, emotorcycles, and ebikes.
- The number of shared micromobility trips in the US increased by more than twice in 2018 as compared to 2017 reaching 84 million shared trips.
- Out of these, 38.5 million were scooter share trips, 9 million were dockless bike share trips, 6.5 million were e-bike trips, 36.5 million were station-based bike share trips with some of them overlapping others.
- At the end of 2018, more than 85,000 e-scooters were publicly available in 100 cities in the US.
- There used to be tens of thousands of dockless bikes, which have largely disappeared except for Seattle.
- Bird, a California-based scooter company had over 10 million rides during its first year of business.
- Lime is a company that offers shared bikes and scooters. It had over 12 million rides during its first 15 months.
- Lime has since garnered over 50 million trips.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.