Electronic Healthcare Records
To complete the attached spreadsheet. For each company listed in column A, provide its annual revenue and calculate its market share using the total electronic healthcare records (EHR) market size found in the previous hour of research. Include these data points in columns D and E respectively. In addition, identify each company's target consumers (i.e. hospitals, clinics, etc.) and include this information in column F. Cite all sources in column G.
During this additional hour of research, we were able to find the annual revenue of each company listed in column A of the attached spreadsheet and calculate its share of the electronic healthcare records (EHR) market. All information is included in columns D and E.
Summary of Findings
- We spent this hour finding the annual revenue of each company listed in column A of the attached spreadsheet, using official annual reports wherever possible.
- In addition, we calculated the market share of each company using the total EHR market size found during our last hour of research ($25.5 billion). Based on this information, the top five players in the EHR market according to market share are:
- Epic Systems
- NextGen Healthcare
- GE Healthcare
- Please note that GE Healthcare is not a pure competitor since IT products like EHR systems only make up one segment of its total sales. One industry expert estimates that roughly 8% of GE Healthcare's $19.8 billion in annual revenue comes from IT sales. As such, we included $1.52 billion as its annual revenue relevant to the EHR market in the attached spreadsheet.
- We recommend continued research to identify each company's target consumers (i.e. hospitals, clinics, etc.).
- It might also be useful to conduct a SWOT (strength, weaknesses, opportunities, threat) analysis of the top players in the EHR market.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.