Employment Value Proposition Trends
To identify trends related to the communication of the employment value proposition (EVP) to employees and examples of companies that are driving such trends.
- The process of localizing Employement Value Proposition (EVP) involves promoting targeted employee experience as per the geographic location or role, while keeping the core EVP same across the organization.
- One of the best examples of localized EVP is a personalized job advertisement. A slight revision to the job description copy, in such a way that it feels like directly from your organization’s local team, and not just a global description, can make a huge difference.
- For instance, opportunities to speak at conferences or to conduct some independent research might pique the interest of senior or mid-level software developers.
- This job posting by Hubspot on Instagram highlights that they won the “best place to work” award. They included a call to action and invited interested candidates to apply for their open job positions through the same post.
- Verizon posted a coded Instagram job advertisement for software developer. They used a graphic to pose a challenge for their target audience in a playful and daring way.
Employees As Brand Ambassadors
- If a company has truly succeeded in creating an environment where employees feel valued, existing employees will be excited to share your EVP in person and on social media in a manner that feels unique, personal, and trustworthy to those around them.
- This can lead directly to high quality candidate referrals (especially if you have a referral bonus or incentive system in place).
- Using your employees to tell their story is more compelling and authentic than a “we’re hiring” post. This video by Employement Hero revolves around employees talking about their role and company culture.
- Employee testimonial job advertisement like this job posting by Disney shares its employees' testimonials and simply adds a call to action in a form of an invitation to apply.
Summary Of the Early Findings
- Through our initial hour of research, we identified two major trends in EVP communication and some examples of companies who are using such a communication strategy successfully.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.