Server and Storage Spend - 2020 Predictions
To determine a predicted amount to be spend in the storage/server space by IT departments in 2020.
- According to the The 2020 State of IT published by SpiceWorks, the total spend on backups and storage is approximately 10% of a typical IT budget.
- The same report estimates that 9% of total IT budgets are allocated to server technology.
- Interestingly, the same combined percentage, approximately 19%, of hardware costs within an IT budget are split between servers and external storage.
- 88% of businesses expect IT budgets to either grow or stay steady over the next 12 months — specifically 44% each expecting to grow and remain steady.
- North American businesses are more likely to increase spending in order to upgrade outdated infrastructure.
- Statista estimates that an increase of 6.2% in spending on servers will be seen in 2020.
- Gartner predicts that the global 2020 spend on IT will be $3.88 trillion (a 3.7% YoY growth).
- Given these predictions, it can be triangulated that the global spend on server and storage will be $737.2 billion in 2020. (3.88 trillion/19%)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.