European Independent Garden Retailers
To understand the total number of independent garden retailers or nurseries in Europe, with special emphasis on the U.K., Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
INDEPENDENT GARDEN RETAILERS IN EUROPE
- Though slightly dated (October 2016), the Floral Daily suggests that France has a lot of garden center chains, while Germany has more independent garden centers.
- Retail Index suggests there are over 500 retail DIY and garden chains, but it does not call out independent retailers.
- The European magazine, Garden Centre Retail, says that 85% of its readership is made up of independent garden retailers.
- EU Gardens offers lists of garden retailers and nurseries in Europe, as well as specific countries, but the list is likely quite incomplete, as it shows a total of 75 garden retailers and 49 nurseries.
GARDENING IN THE UK
- In the UK, the GCA (Garden Centre Association) and the HTA (Horticultural Trade Association) are umbrella organizations that help independent garden retailers, consisting of 160 and 1,500 garden retail members, respectively, though these figures appear to represent all retailers.
- The website Yell provides a list of garden retailers in the UK, showing about 100 retailers.
GARDENING IN GERMANY
- According to the executive summary of the "Gardening in Germany" report by Euromonitor, gardening is seen as a leisure or meditative activity among Germany consumers.
GARDENING IN THE NETHERLANDS
- According to the executive summary of the "Gardening in the Netherlands" report by Euromonitor, consumers in this country are less interested in gardening and tend to purchase supplies on the internet.
GARDENING IN FRANCE
- According to the executive summary of the "Gardening in the France" report by Euromonitor, gardeners in France are interested in technologies that will make gardening easier, but economic concerns are making consumers less likely to spend.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.