Electric Vehicle Charging Market
To determine the market size for the EV charging for 2018, 2025 and 2030 across different user-segments, such as light duty, medium duty and heavy-duty vehicles; yard and drayage vehicles, transit vehicles and bicycles/scooters.
- According to market research estimates, the electric vehicle charging infrastructure (EVCI) market size was valued at USD 1.10 billion in 2018.
- Owing to government regulations and investments made to develop infrastructure for electric vehicles, the market was expected to grow at a CAGR of 39.3% from 2019 to 2025.
- In terms of areas of application, the commercial segment was expected to dominate the electric vehicle charging infrastructure market till 2025.
- However, the residential application segment was estimated to emerge as the fastest-growing segment between 2019 and 2025.
- According to data published by evadoption.com, there were 63,303 Level 2 and DC fast charger connections in the United States as of 31st March 2019.
- Total number of public EV charging stations in the United States was 61,067 by the end of the year 2018.
- Out of all EV charging stations in the United States, 79.7% were Level 2 charging stations, 14.9% were DC fast charging stations and 5.4% were Level 1 charging stations.
- In terms of charging networks, ChargePoint occupied the lion’s share of the market with a commanding 39.3% market share, spread across 6,895 locations/sites.
- Tesla occupied 18.9% of the market with 3,308 locations/sites, and Blink Network occupied 8.5% with 1,489 locations/sites.
- As estimated by Acumen Research and Consulting, the global electric vehicle charging station market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 40.5% between 2019 and 2026 to reach over a market size of USD 3.4 Billion by 2026.
- The electric vehicle chargers market can be segmented on the basis of vehicle type, charging type, end user, and region.
- As far as classification on the basis of vehicle type is concerned, the market can be segmented into three categories: battery electric vehicles (BEV), plug-in electric vehicles (PHEV), and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV).
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.