Design Week Portland: Events
To obtain some case studies of events held for Design Week Portland that elicited positive reactions, including descriptions of the events, reactions to them, and why people thought they were good events.
Notable 2018 Events
- Every year, leaders in the creative community of Portland, including Wieden+Kennedy, Ziba, Travel Portland, and PNCA collaborate to sponsor hundreds of low-cost or free open houses, events, and workshops.
- Prior to the 2018 Design Week in Portland, Urban Nest researched dozens of events at the festival and made some recommendations. According to Urban Nest, the following events were highly recommended for 2018 participants: Opening Party, Wieden+Kennedy’s UnDesign Party, Cat Cafe and Macramé, and "The Pressure Is Good for You, A Talk Show".
- The Opening Party is "the most well attended event of Design Week", it is considered a must-attend event. It is rumored that this party has food trucks, design activations, and a live photo booth.
- It costs $15 to attend the opening event. Drinks are included in the attendance fee.
Wieden+Kennedy’s UnDesign Party
- In the 2018 Design Week, Wieden+Kennedy hosted an interactive exhibition which was “one part conceptual art, one part systems design, and one part design scratch-and-win.”
- Participants could watch 30 creatives take part in a design challenge.
- Attendees were also able to participate in a maker-space. According to Urban Nest, the event promised to be full of surprises and interactive in nature.
The Pressure Is Good for You, A Talk Show
- On Friday evening, “The Pressure is Good for You, A Talk Show,” was scheduled to hold. Urban Nest stated that the event promised "to be the show-stopping event of the week."
- Hosted by Instrument, this event was described as a “talk show-meets-variety show…that explore[s] themes around fear, insight, humor, and the creative process.”
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.