Private Online Ballet Tutors
Locate high quality ballet teachers who offer private online tutoring sessions. The lessons should be geared towards a 13 y/o girl who already has experience and dances more than 15 hours/week in Switzerland. The lessons must be taught in English, but the tutors can be anywhere geographically.
Veyette Virtual Ballet School (VVBS)
About the Program
- VVBS was started in 2018 as a fully-immersive online classroom for ballet. The program focuses on reaching students that otherwise couldn't access such education, and they focus on teaching physical technique, in addition to mental and emotional aspects of the dance for competitive dance.
- Lauren Fadely, one of the owners and instructors, is a graduate of the School of American Ballet, has worked for the Pennsylvania Ballet School, and has been a principle dancer, soloist, dancer, and corps de ballet for the PA Ballet, Miami City Ballet, BalletX, and the NYC Ballet.
- Francis Veyette, the other owner and instructor of VVBS, was a principle dancer for the Pennsylvania ballet, a dancer for BalletX, a director for the PA Ballet II, and worked on the faculty for the Miami City Ballet School.
Single Session Pricing
- Miss Lauren + Mr. Francis Ballet Class: 1 hour @ $200.00, 2 hour maximum.
- Mr. Andrew Ballet Class: 1 hour @ $100.00, 2 hour maximum.
- Miss Ashley Ballet Class: 1 hour @ $100.00, 2 hour maximum.
- Miss Lauren Ballet Class: 1 hour @ $100.00, 2 hour maximum.
- Mr. Francis Ballet Class: 1 hour @ 100.00, 2 hour maximum.
- Mr. Frances Career Consultation: 30 minutes @ $50.00, 1 hour maximum.
- Miss Lauren Career Consultation: 30 minutes @ $50.00, 1 hour maximum.
- Miss Lauren + Mr. Francis Career Consultation: 30 minutes @ $100.00, 1 hour maximum; must be scheduled 2 days in advance.
- Monthly Subscription ($350.00/month) — includes 4 hours with preferred instructor, plus 15% off additional sessions if taking at least one lesson per week. This subscription auto-renews each month, and unused hours do not roll over into the next month. If Lauren and Francis are booked together, it counts as two hours used.
- Ten Hour Package ($900.00) — includes 10 hours of sessions for the price of 9. These sessions can be used at any time and expire one year after purchase. If Lauren and Francis are booked together, it counts as two hours used.
About the Program
- Training Pointe was designed specifically because of COVID-19 as a way to provide access to ballet education for pre-professional and professional dancers during the shutdown.
- The Ballet Technique instructors include Deborah Wingert, Deb Austin, Daniel Ulbricht, ZJ Fang, and Christina Ghiardi. Each of these individuals have an extensive education in the ballet industry in terms of learning, teaching, and working.
- Christina Ghiardi also offers instruction for Pilates, and Charlotte Landreau teaches the Graham Technique.
- Training Pointe is currently endorsed by the New York City Ballet and the Complexions Contemporary Ballet.
- Summer Intensive (June 1-June 12, 2020)
- This program regularly costs $1,500/student and includes 42 hours of one-on-one instruction. However, they are currently offering a special discount of $500 off for the first three students that sign up for their summer intensive program. In order to receive the discount, the code "EARLY BIRD" can be used at checkout online.
- The Summer Intensive program only has space for a total of 16 students and is taught by 14 different instructors including Kaeli Ware, the 2018 YAGP winner.
- This program is defined as being demanding for the time in which it runs, and teaches students techniques from classical ballet, pointe, variations, repertoire, modern, contemporary, mind-conditioning, gyro, pilates, and yoga.
- Participants of this program will have access to a private course website, an administrative dashboard to schedule classes, as well as a Slack page to communicate with faculty, parents, and other students.
- Training Pointe also offers live classes, as well as audition support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ballet with Deb Austin — Elite Pre-Professional Ballet Technique: $20/hour
- Ballet with Deb Austin — Private Ballet Technique: $30/30 minutes
- Ballet with Deb Austin — Private Ballet Technique: $50/hour
- Ballet with Deb Austin — Private Ballet Technique: $80/1 hour 30 minutes
- Ballet with Michele Gifford — Private Ballet Technique: $30/30 minutes
- Ballet with Michele Gifford — Private Ballet Technique: $50/hour
1on1 Ballet Studio
About the Program
- 1on1 Ballet Studio is an online ballet program that runs through a mobile app, which is available both in the Google Play store, as well as the Apple App Store, and Web Store.
- This program is referred to as a "Studio Master Class" and claims to offer content for students of all ages and dance levels, from beginners to professionals.
- Each ballet package offered in this app includes about 20 exercises and lasts for 45-50 minutes. However, they can be broken down into portions that only take up 10-20 minutes, if preferred. Only half of these exercises require a barre.
- The video lessons can be viewed from 4 different angles to see the dancers, and the app makes it possible to view learning progress and measure movements using AI "side-by-side" analytics.
- The AI software in the app can record the students movements of their legs, arms, body, head, neck, appendages, and more and then process this information into viewable metrics to understand how well a technique has been grasped and implemented. This data can also be used to compare against other students for growth.
- The app also offers live webinars from Master teachers, 1on1 competitions and challenges, competition casting help, and ballet performance touring casting.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.