Expat Community in Holland
To identify the following information for a real investment pitch: 1) number of expats living in Amstelveen area (including the trend in last 3-5 years)
, 2) top multinational employers in Amstelveen and Amsterdam that employ international staff in the area and specifically in Amstelveen
, 3) number of families that apply and get admitted to international schools in Amstelveen and Amsterdam every year and the trend of the last couple of years
, 4) number of real estate transactions done by expats in Amsterdam and Amstelveen
, 5) which multinational companies transferred their headquarters to Amsterdam in the last three years and specifically those who did it due to Brexit. And are there any other companies that plan to do it, 6) EU agencies/entities that has or will be transferring to Holland
, 7) other cities in Amsterdam area that many expats live in.
Number of Expats and growth: Amsterdam
- According to Dispatches Europe, Amstelveen has a population of 88,000 people, out of which 7.55% are expats. This amounts to 6644 expats in the area.
- A Reuters article from 2017 reports that according to the city's statistics office, the number of expats in Amsterdam grew from 39,000 in 2009 to 77,000 in 2015.
- The Amsterdam region has between 80,000 and 110,000 expats and is the highest in the country. Hague has around 60,000 expats, while other cities including Rotterdam has between 25,000 and 30,000 expats.
- According to a local (city) website, the precise number of expats in Amsterdam is not known (hence information on trends is not available).
- However, the official CBS statistics show that over the past 5 years, the population in Amsterdam grew by 11,000 annually, with half this growth due to migration (i.e. 5500). The largest group of migrants were from India, followed by the US and the UK.
Multinationals in Amsterdam and Amstelveen
- According to Expatica, there are several international companies that have employed many expats in Amsterdam. These include: Cisco Systems, Nike, Adidas, Tesla Motors, Advise Technologies, TomTom, Booking.com and KPMG.
- The article further states that Amsterdam is home to 2700 international companies accounting for 15% of the total jobs in Amsterdam. The city is the financial business center of the Netherlands with plenty of job opportunities for international job seekers.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.