To understand the area of extreme sports.
- Earth based extreme sports include; Skateboarding, Longboarding, Mountain Boarding, Sandboarding, Drifting, BMX, Motocross, FMX, Aggressive Inline Skating, Mountain Biking, and Caving
- Water based extreme sports include; Surfing, Waterskiing, Body Boarding, Wakeboarding, Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Cave diving, Flowboarding, Paddle surfing / Stand up paddle, Kayaking, Cliff Jumping, Coasteering, Scuba Diving, and Knee Boarding.
Snow and Ice
- Snow and ice based extreme sports include; Snowboarding, Skiing, Ice Climbing, Snowmobiling, Snow Kiting, Monoskiing, Snowblading, Heli Skiing, Glacier Trekking, Ski Touring, Ice Driving, and Sledding/Tobogganing.
- Air based extreme sports include; Base Jumping, SkyDiving, Wing Suiting, Bungee Jumping, High-lining, Hang Gliding, Paragliding, Micro Lighting, Canyon Swing, and Sling Shot.
Most Extreme Sports
- The most extreme sports in the world based on their level of danger are; Base jumping, Heli-Skiing, Cave Diving, Big-Wave Surfing, and Mountain Climbing.
What Motivates People to Participate in Extreme Sports
Benefits of Extreme Sports
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research only touched on some of the 100 extreme sports, we suggest continuing the research to look at 10-14 extreme sports in more details. For each sport we would provide a historical overview, some professionals athletes in the sport, and a description of the sport.
Alternatively, we can continue to provide an overview of extreme sports, including motivators, risks and benefits of participation.