Fabric Versus Plastic Plant Pots
To understand, quantitatively, how much bigger a plant will grow in fabric pot versus plastic pot.
- Fabric pots are associated with a higher yield, up to 10-12% higher, as well as thicker stems.
- Air pruning, a benefit of fabric pots, is said to facilitate a mature root system and "top growth has been reported to be 20% to 25% greater than for plants in a traditional pot."
- Healthy root systems, those that facilitate new feeder roots branching off other roots, yield better plant growth, which is a benefit of fabric bags.
- Fabric pots promote soil aeration, which has been shown to increase the "total length, surface area and volume of roots."
- Fabric pots can be used for hydroponic plants, which are said to grow 30-50% faster and have 30% higher yield.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.