Fast Growing Software Development Sectors
The countries with the fastest growing software development sectors, as well as, the market size or number of software developers entering the job market in each country. The focus is on South East Asian countries.
- The fastest growing software development markets worldwide are Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Specific countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific that have rapidly growing promising software development sectors include China, Germany, the UK, Poland, Russia, the Philippines, India, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
- India, one of the most promising software development market in South East Asia, is expected to have a software market size of "$6.1 billion by the end of 2019." India is now "one of the largest global [software and IT] outsourcing destination across the globe with a 55% market share."
- In 2017, the Philippines had a software market size of $3 billion and is predicted to reach $7 billion by 2020.
- In Vietnam, the market size for software and IT services is about $3 billion.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
There are over 11 countries in South East Asia. It has been established that two of these countries are the fastest growing software development markets. For better comparison, we could provide the software development market size of the other South East Asian countries; Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.
Alternatively, we could focus on the software development market size in developed South East Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore.
We could also provide data on the number of software developers entering the job market in Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.