Femtech & Fertility Products
- Identify and detail trends regarding the use of over-the-counter pregnancy and fertility products.
- Identify what consumers think/feel about leading brands for pregnancy tests (i.e. Clear Blue, First Response, etc.).
- Identify what products are available over-the-counter to support fertility, and of those, identify which are the most popular (not including pregnancy tests).
- Identify and detail any new and innovative product launches in femtech.
- Identify how consumers in the U.S. think about the Clearblue brand.
- Identify how consumers in the U.K. think about the Clearblue brand.
- Identify and detail trends regarding male fertility in consumer products, whether online or in-stores.
- The overall goal of each of the above points is to evaluate a potential new client.
- According to research carried out by Frost & Sullivan, the femtech industry is expected to be worth approximately $50 billion by 2026.
- Approximately 21% of all femtech companies are focused on the healthcare industry via mobile apps and direct-to-consumer services.
- As per CB Insights, the femtech industry is most commonly broken down into the following categories: fertility solutions, period/fertility tracking apps, at-home fertility monitoring devices, pregnancy/nursing care, pelvic care, general healthcare, period care goods, and sexual wellness.
innovative product launches
- Research from JWT Intelligence notes that some up-and-coming brands for femtech include Unbound, Ohnut, the Tia mobile app, Fitbit Versa, and Monument Health, among others.
- According to Numerator Insights, most consumers that purchase Clearblue products shopping at drug stores, and almost half of shoppers are between the ages of 25-34.
- On Amazon, 61% of reviews for Clearblue Plus Pregnancy Tests were 5-star ratings.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial searches for information regarding innovative products, consumer reviews, and trends for the femtech industry proved that there is a significant amount of info available. As a result, we suggest a total of 5 projects to reach all of your goals.
We first suggest moving forward with one project to analyze current trends in the U.S. femtech industry related to popular product types, industry growth, and trending visions for brands.
We also suggest a second and third project to analyze how consumers in the U.S. and U.K. think about the Clearblue brand. This would involve a separate request for each geographic area.
A fourth project is recommended in order to address trends for male fertility products, which will include an analysis of any popular product types, new fertility products arising, use cases, and marketing ideas.
We recommend a fifth and final project to identify and detail a list of 5-7 of the most popular and innovative products in the femtech market today. For each product we identify, we can include who the company/brand is, what the product is, who the product is for, and why it is innovative.
As an alternative, we suggest moving forward with one project to analyze trends in the U.S. femtech industry, as well as one to analyze consumer thoughts from EITHER the U.S. or U.K. on Clearblue, and a third request to address trends in male fertility products.