Figma Competitive Landscape
Determine the competitive landscape of Figma and its competitors in the SaaS design tools space. The information will be used to know more about Figma's position in the design tool marketplace as compared to companies providing the same service.
- Figma offers a browser-based tool that allows users to "design, prototype, and collaborate" on a design project.
- The tool enables teams to work with each other at every stage of their design work in real-time.
- Each individual oversees their area in the creative process while keeping in sync with the rest of the design work. This happens in all the platforms that are used by the team.
- Figma assures designers that there is no danger of overwriting incidents. There is also no risk of files being outdated.
- Teams can easily send a link to gather inputs, consolidate change requests, and let stakeholders modify designs.
- As for the developers, they can always view the most current design in real-time. They can analyze elements, export portions of the work, and obtain the code.
- Figma's tool can also help in improving a design team's efficiency while maintaining flexibility.
- Its team library features allow for easy sharing without requiring additional common storage drives or other tools.
- Teams can manage the manner and schedule of change deployments by using publishing workflows.
- Teams can also complete their design work in lesser time and with a more uniform look using the same scalable elements in all the related design files.
- Layers can also be accessed easily for more efficient text and images editing.
- Various attributes of design work such as "colors, text, grids and effects" can be made uniform and simple in all the devices using Figma's exclusive grid styles.
- Workflows can also be conveniently designed by simply linking screens and annexing elements such as "interactions, transitions, overlays," and others. The updated URL can then be sent to the right resources for further inputs.
- The company also boasted that it can help in building design work that is also scalable through its standard design elements.
- Figma's product is free for individuals under its Starter plan.
- For its Professional plan, the fee is $12 per editor per month if billed annually. The price goes up to $15 per editor per month for monthly billing schemes.
- The company also has an Organization plan that has a $45 per editor monthly charge that is billed annually.
A senior design manager at Twitter gave the following testimony about Figma's tool: "After that first experience of sending a Figma link out and seeing others immediately jump in, there is no going back."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.