Financial Inclusion - Stats and Trends
To identify statistics and trends relating to the adoption and impact of financial inclusion across the globe. Specifically, we will be focusing on the following regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
Asia Pacific Region
- According to a recent report by the International Monetary Fund, Asia has made significant progress in financial inclusion.
- The report further stated that, on average, the region lags behind others in several important aspects such as online purchases, electronic payment, mobile money, and mobile government transfer.
- According to a World Bank report, only 27 percent of adults have a bank account, and only 33 percent of firms have a loan or line of credit in the region.
Around the Globe
- There are over 80 mobile money providers in Asia, 140 in Africa, and 20 in the Middle East.
- According to data provided by the IMF, the use of auto teller machines (ATMs) is highest in Europe, with a median rate of 65 ATMs per 100,000 adults. In the Asia-Pacific region, there are 40 ATMs per 100,000 adults. In the Americas, there are about 50 ATMs per 100,000 adults.
- Financial inclusion in Africa has increased significantly in recent years, advancing from 23 percent in 2011 to 43 percent in 2017.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.