CPG: Digital Marketing, Promotions, and Advertising Campaigns
To identify high-end CPG brands that are using celebrated, effective, and creative digital marketing, promotions, and advertising campaigns to drive e-commerce engagement and revenue in the U.S. markets since April 2020 up to date.
- In the U.S., with Nike, a global shoe and athletic apparel company being forced to close its stores temporarily and with the closure of many retailers, the brand has been increasing consumer engagement through content marketing.
- It's content offerings have also been supported through a marketing campaign that used athlete endorsers showing how they are staying in shape during the pandemic.
- Nike has launched a "play inside" promotional marketing campaign that is connected to the Nike Training Club fitness app. The premium subscription is now free for all users.
- Nike's digital sales rose during April because it is also offering huge discounts and free shipping for some of its products.
- Between April 1 and April 24, Nike's shares gained 11.5%.
- Nike said the usage of its fitness app has increased by more than 100% in the U.S. alone and this further promoted the brands showcased in the app, driving digital sales.
- Nike's success and increase in e-commerce sales during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown can be attributed to its digital marketing strategy that is connected to the NTC fitness app.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.