Food and Health/Beauty Companies with Over $1 Billion Revenues
To provide a list that shows food manufacturers with revenues of over $1 billion. To also provide a list of health/beauty manufacturers with revenues of over $1 billion. This information will be used in creating a marketing plan.
Food Manufacturers with Revenues of Over $1 Billion
According to a 2020 Top 100 Food & Beverage Companies report, there are over 100 food and beverage companies with over $1 billion in revenue. Among them, the food manufacturers ranked by the food revenue size include:
Beauty/Health Manufacturers with Revenues of Over $1 Billion
Among the top beauty/health companies include:
- Johnson & Johnson, "engages in the research and development, manufacture and sale of products in the health care field," with revenues of $82.8 billion.
- L'Oreal, "manufactures and sells beauty and hair products" with revenues of $33.4 billion.
- Unilever, "engages in the production and marketing of consumer goods in the nutrition, hygiene, and personal care categories" with $58.2 billion in total revenue and $22.5 billion in revenues from the beauty segment.
- The Estée Lauder Companies "manufacture skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products," and has revenues of $15.8 billion.
- Proctor and Gamble engages in, among others, "the provision of branded consumer packaged goods in the following segments: beauty; grooming; and health care." The company had $70.3 billion in total revenues and $13.9 billion in revenues from the beauty segment in 2019.
- Kao Corporation, "engages in the manufacture and sale of consumer and chemical products in, among others, beauty care and human health care segments" with revenues of $13.7 billion.
- Shiseido "engages in the production and sale of cosmetics for men and women," and has $10.4 billion in revenue.
- Coty "engages in the manufacture, market, sale, and distribution of branded beauty products," and has $8.4 billion in revenue.
- Beiersdorf "develops, manufactures, and distributes skin and personal care products," with revenues of $8.6 billion.
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton engages in, among other things "the production and distribution of make-up, perfume and skin care products." It had $60.1 billion in total revenue and $7.7 billion in revenues from the beauty segment in 2019.
Summary of Findings
- In this preliminary hour of research, we were not able to find a clear list that shows the number of food and beauty/health manufacturers with over $1 billion in revenue. We found a pre-compiled list of the top food and beverage manufactures in 2020 by revenue. From it, we provided 10 of the top food manufacturers ranked by the food revenue size. We also provided information on 10 beauty manufacturers with revenues of over $1 billion based on several lists. Due to time constraints, we were not able to provide more companies in the requested categories.
- In compiling a list of food manufacturers we considered all food companies including those that produce food ingredients like glucose syrup as is the case with Cargill.
- In the beauty and health category, our understanding of health manufacturers are companies that manufacture medical goods, such as drugs and medical devices; while beauty manufacturers include companies that manufacture cosmetics/make-up, skin care and hair care products.
- We have assumed a global focus. If a more targeted approach is desired, for example, the U.S., this would have to be clearly communicated to us.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.