Luxury Holiday Destinations in the Middle East
To identify luxury holiday destinations in the Middle East that attract affluent domestic travellers from the Gulf region with a focus on audience profiles from information that is publicly available or industry reports that need to be paid for in order to inform a project.
Our preliminary research on luxury holiday destinations in the Middle East that attract affluent domestic travellers from the Gulf region revealed insights. Here are key pieces of information we found:
Luxury Holiday Destinations in the Middle East for Affluent Domestic Travellers:
- Travel habits are evolving, as younger, more affluent travellers crave adventure, value and frequent trips within the Middle East. In 2020, Generation Z (ages 20 and younger) and Millennials (ages 21 to 34) now comprise nearly three quarters of the region's population.
- Egypt is the holiday destination of choice for many affluent domestic travellers from the Middle East and the Gulf region, and Saudi Arabia remains a popular holiday destination among many of these affluent domestic travellers. Egyptian and Saudi officials have partnered on a Red Sea Island and Neom project that will link Egyptian resorts in Sharm el-Sheikh and Hurghada to the Saudi city of Neom.
- The United Arab Emirates is a popular holiday destination for affluent domestic travellers from the Gulf region, with Intra-regional travel to Dubai increasing.
- Interest is also increasing from affluent GCC travellers in Lebanon as a holiday destination.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
- "Tourism Source Market Insights: Gulf Cooperation Council - Analysis of tourist profiles, traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, risks and opportunities in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE" (GlobalData, $1,495)
- "Tourism Destination Market Insights: Gulf Cooperation Council (2019)- Analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and risks and opportunities" (GlobalData, $1,495)
If you'd like us to purchase reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.