SIBO CIC Professionals
To identify medical professionals and nutrition specialists who are experts in SIBO CIC and to identify any current or upcoming clinical trials for patients with post SIBO CIC for medical and nutritional advice regarding the resolution of SIBO CIC. The focus is the Portland/San Francisco areas, although this can be expanded to nationwide and worldwide if required.
Mark Pimtel M.D
- Mark Pimtel M.D is head of the Pimtel Laboratory and executive director of the Medically Associated Science and Technology Program (MAST) at Cedars Sinai. Some breakthrough areas that the Pimtel Laboratory has been involved with include determining SIBO to be an autoimmune disease and discovering lovastatin as a microbiome treatment for constipation.
- Dr. Pimtel is a gastrointestinal specialist, and SIBO CIC is one of the sub specialties he practices in. On "Find a Doctor," he has a patient satisfaction score of 4.9 based on 134 reviews.
- The contact phone number for his office is (310) 423 3777. The office is located at 8730 Alden Drive, Second Floor East E240, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- A detailed article discussing Dr. Pimtel's expertise is available here.
Yvonne Tse M.D
- Yvonne Tse is the lead author of the "Treatment Algorithm for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation and Constipation-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome Derived from a Canadian National Survey and Needs Assessment on Choices of Therapeutic Agents" research, published in the Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 2017. She is recognized as an expert in this area.
- Dr. Tse's contact details are University Health Network, University of Toronto, 399 Bathurst Street, MP-8-317, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Her phone number is (416) 603-5800 ext 5033.
- Amanda Wiken is a nutritionist and dietitian specializing in SIBO. She offers a free 30-minute telephone consultation to determine if she is a good fit for her new clients.
- With eight years of experience in the area, she will work with the patient's medical professionals to ensure the best outcomes.
- Amanda Wiken is based in Petaluma, California, and can be contacted on (563) 235 2236.
- A clinical trial is to be held to investigate the "Efficacy and Safety of Vibrant Capsule vs. Placebo for the Treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation." Details of the trial and recruitment have not yet been released.
- A Pilot Study to explore the role of gut flora in chronic constipation is to be held in California. The trial will involve 100 participants. Recruitment is due to start in January 2020.
- A list of completed studies can be found here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We suggest continuing our research to find 8-10 medical specialists practicing in the area of SIBO CIC. For each of the specialists identified, we will provide a brief overview of his/her experience and contact details. (1 project) We also suggest further research to find 8-10 nutritionists practicing in the area of SIBO CIC. For each of the nutritionists identified, we will provide a brief overview of his/her experience and contact details. (1 project) The focus would be the US; however, this would be expanded if required, first to North America and then globally.
We could also provide a summary of the 5-7 of the most recent clinical trials relating to SIBO CIC. For each of the trials identified, we will provide the trial name, the number of participants, a description of the trial, and a brief summary of the results (if available). (1 project) The focus would be global.