To determine how to lengthen telomeres to help patients lengthen their telomeres.
- Smoking, stress, and over-dependency on processed food accelerates the process of shortening of the telomeres.
- According to a study, people who are over 60 years old of age with shorter telomeres are highly likely to die from heart illness and eight times more likely to die from infectious diseases.
How to Lengthen and Protect Telomeres
- Meditation helps a person to feel more in control of a situation, which is key to avoiding stress. Meditation provides space and time to think and sort one's problems, which changes the experience and perception of stress, calming the nervous system.
- People who have a life full of stress have shorter telomeres than those who are relaxed. The management of chronic stress through meditation assists to lengthen the telomeres.
Limit Exposure to Air Pollution
- Polluted air affects the length of telomeres. According to a study, traffic police were found to have shorter telomeres than people with office jobs. The use of air filters to purify the air that people breath in can help to lengthen the telomeres.
- According to research, telomeres shortened three times faster in people with low-fat levels than in people with high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Women with shorter telomeres, vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Beta carotene are more likely to develop breast cancer. People should eat a lot of lightly cooked vegetables, broccoli, wild salmon, berries, among other things, to lengthen the telomeres.
After conducting the initial one-hour research, we were able to find some insights into telomeres and some ways to protect and lengthen the telomeres.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.