First Responder Deaths from COVID-19: United States
To determine the number of diseased first respondents due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the US.
- According to Fire Rescue, there are about 24 firefighters that have died from the COVID-19 pandemic so far.
- The states of New York and New Jersey accounted for the majority of deaths at 7 each.
- According to a CDC report, as of April 9, there have been 27 healthcare workers who have died from COVID-19.
- Another publication reports an additional 21 deaths among EMS professionals.
- New York and New Jersey accounted for the most healthcare professionals deaths.
- Policeman were by far the most numerous group of first respondents in the US to take casualties from the virus, with the latest news claiming that the virus has taken a total of 36 policemen and women.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.