First Responder Deaths from COVID-19: United States
To determine the number of diseased first respondents due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the US.
- According to Fire Rescue, there are about 24 firefighters that have died from the COVID-19 pandemic so far.
- The states of New York and New Jersey accounted for the majority of deaths at 7 each.
- According to a CDC report, as of April 9, there have been 27 healthcare workers who have died from COVID-19.
- Another publication reports an additional 21 deaths among EMS professionals.
- New York and New Jersey accounted for the most healthcare professionals deaths.
- Policeman were by far the most numerous group of first respondents in the US to take casualties from the virus, with the latest news claiming that the virus has taken a total of 36 policemen and women.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As our initial search provided the number of diseased, we propose finding the number of first respondents, broken down into policemen, healthcare professionals, and fireman, that have tested positive for the virus. We will aim to include a few insights about which states in the US had the most cases.
We could also try to determine the number of first respondents that have been hospitalized due to the virus, again, broken down into policemen, healthcare professionals, and fireman. We will try to include a few insights about which states in the US had the most hospitalizations to try to determine the % of people that are given care.