EU Fish and Seafood
To find out financial statistics for the production of fish from inland and industrial farms in EU.
- Harvesters sold seafood worth €4.9 billion in 2016.
- 2016 turnover in the aquaculture sector represented an EBIT of €0.8 billion.
- Shellfish farming in EU contributes a revenue of €1.1 billion each year.
- United Kingdom, France, Greece, Italy and Spain are among the top-contributing countries when it comes to prdouction. Each of them contribute between €550 million and €1,100 million.
- The top 5 species consumed in the EU include tuna, cod, salmon, Alaska pollock
, and shrimps.
- Consumers in Europe spent a total of $67.3 billion on fish and seafood in 2017.
- Consumer spending per person in Europe was valued at $131 in 2017.
- Although fish is popular, meat surpasses it by a lot as the total meat sales in the EU were valued at $260 billion (as compared to $67.3 billion fish sales).
- Europe exports $4.7 billion worth of fish and seafood.
- Chief seafood exports from EU include flatfish, mackerel, and salmon.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.