Flagstaff Tourism Competitors' Marketing Tactics
To obtain information about the marketing tactics used by Tempe, Tucson and Phoenix, AZ.
- Tempe encourages its visitors to help spread awareness of the brand and increase visibility using their personal experiences on social media using the tag @TempeTourism or #OurTempe.
- It makes it easy for its website visitors to learn more about the city on social media by providing links to their social media accounts (Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) and also a direct link to their page on Trip Advisor where consumers can easily see what the city has to offer and gain access to reviews immediately without having to search on their own.
- The city highlight restaurants, top rated attractions, top hotels, things from the community such as universities, museums, outdoor activities, cheap eats and even temporary art installations such as Umbrella POP.
- Tempe, AZ's marketing activities for 2017/2018 involved advertising, group sales, communications, digital marketing, sports marketing, ASU partnerships and tourism development. They targeted media and travel writers, social influencers, consumers, meeting planners, sports rights holders and travel trade.
- Tucson reaches a wide customer base by encouraging businesses to become a "Visit Tucson Partner" which allows them to gain more brand visibility by the display of "the "Visit Tucson Partner" logo on [the] window, brochure, vehicle or website" of its partner.
- Small businesses are encouraged to take advantage of this mutually beneficial arrangement at a fee of $150 annually.
- Tucson, AZ gives visitors a taste of what to be expected in the city by providing "What's Trending" Instagram photos of the city on the website which also makes them aware of topics to follow.
- They also engage visitors on social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- They provide their own link to Trip Advisor where there are highlights of restaurants, top attractions, top pizza places, recommended reading and favorite health spas among others.
- Phoenix, AZ makes it easy for visitors to sign up for newsletters where they can get updates easily and provides information of how family activities in the city.
- The city also encourages visitors to not only view #myphx photos on their website but also encourage them to share some of their very own experiences on both Instagram and Twitter with the same hashtag. This would also help to increase visibility and realistic experiences that others may want to experience for themselves.
- They also engage with visitors on other social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Visitors also gain access to a blog that is updated by locals that is likely to tug at prospective visitors who want a more local experience rather than the more luxurious ones. The blog provides images and information for activities such as best hikes and hiking trails, best places for picnics, best deals for food for both pickup and delivery and more.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.