Flagstaff Tourism Competitors
To understand the competitive landscape for tourism for Flagstaff, Arizona, both in and around the state, with information about each attraction and what each is doing to market themselves, in order for Flagstaff to be able to understand their competitors.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
Phoenix; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail. (Marketline, $250.00)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
- About 250 miles from Flagstaff is Las Vegas, Nevada, bordering Arizona.
- There were 42.52 million visitors to Las Vegas from 2000 to 2009.
- The city of Las Vegas offers vast tourism opportunities that include entertainment, dining, shopping, nightlife, golf and spas, allowing tourists to experience the natural beauty that attracts tourists to this area while being in a major city.
- The city advertises for tourists on their main tourism website and through social media avenues such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area borders Arizona and Utah and has a 4.6 rating on Google, with 16,542 reviews from visitors.
- Tourists praise that the park has a great place to dine with great service, and the quality of the visitor center and their services.
- Some top negative comments from visitors were the trails being not marked very well, a lack of handicap parking spaces, and a significant amount of trash and litter.
- In Utah, the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument has a 4.7 rating with visitors with 3,936 reviews on Google.
- Some top praises for the destination on Google reviews were its natural beauty and expansiveness, many options available to tourists, ability to explore and camp, along with great customer service and the park and roads being well maintained.
- Some negative comments, although sparse, included the poor maintenance on some roads, not being able to locate the main attraction, and the trails being under construction and maintenance.
- The Tonoto National Forest outside of Phoenix, AZ, has a 4.8 visitor review on Google, with 14,151 reviews.
- Top reviews for Tonoto National Forest praise friendly service, good variety to choose from on the dining menu, along with beautiful outdoor patio seats. Tourists praise the beautiful scenery and many options for camping, hiking, kayaking, and their picnic area.
- Although not much was found, negative comments from visitors for the park included the age and wear of park infrastructure, as the parking lots, bathrooms, tables, and benches, are only in fair condition.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.