Press Search: Arizona Tourism
To identify tourism related articles for Tempe AZ, Tucson AZ, and Phoenix AZ.
- AZ Big Media (February 2020) has reported that there was an 8% increase in the number of visitors to Tempe from $3.7 million in 2015 to $4 million in 2018. Visitor spending has increased from $730.6 million to $851.5 million during the period. Overnight visitors and day trip visitor spending per trip were $299 and $68 respectively. Overnight visitors to Tempe stayed 3 nights on average.
- Another article from AZ Big Media (March 2020) states that SB 1335, a bill that would help Arizona cities and counties in marketing to would-be tourists had passed its first hurdle by gaining the approval of the Senate Finance Committee. This would allow Tourism Marketing Authorities (TMAs) to collect fees assessed on sold hotel and resort guest rooms to be used for marketing campaigns. This bill is supported by (among others) the Tempe Tourism Office.
- Inside Tucson Business (August 2019) states that national parks, such as Saguaro National Park in Tucson are one of the big reasons that visitors come to Arizona. Marketing efforts are targeted at domestic and international travelers with the Arizona Office of Tourism working closely with local outlets, such as Visit Tucson.
- Visit Tucson (October 2019) has resumed offering its Tucson Tourism Ambassador certification (part of the nationally accredited Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program) which aims to inspire front-line employees and volunteers to turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience.
- AZ Big Media (March 2020) states that "in recent years, sports, entertainment, arts and culture, events and venues have come to the region, making it one of the top destinations in Phoenix and throughout Arizona."
- Another article (March 2020) states that, as a result of "Cactus League baseball fans and college students on spring break, local Phoenix restaurants, retail shops, and lodging businesses see their best revenue month of the year in March." Local hotels experience a 27% increase in revenue in March compared to the rest of the year.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.