Fleet Telematics Companies
To find information on fleet telematics companies in the United States and what the technology these companies use does.
Fleet Telematics Companies in the United States
- According to Technavio, the top ten fleet telematics companies globally are AirIQ, Fleetmatics Group, MiX Telematics, TomTom, Trimble, Actsoft, Ctrack, FleetBoard, KORE, and Masternaut.
- Out of the above companies, AirIQ, Verizon Connect (Fleetmatics was acquired by Verizon for $2.4 billion), MiX Telematics, TomTom, Trimble, Actsoft, Ctrack, and KORE all have operations in the United States.
- According to IBIS World, the market size of fleet telematics systems in the United States was $3.6 billion in 2019. In 2020, this market size has grown to a value of $3.9 billion.
- The growth rate of the market in 2020 was estimated to be 2.6% while the 5-year growth rate of the market from 2015 to 2020 was estimated to be 2.9%.
- In reference to the IBIS World report, the biggest fleet telematics companies in the United States are Trimble Inc, Verizon Communications Inc i.e. Verizon Connect, Danaher Corporation, and Omnitracs LLC.
- Danaher Corporation acquired Teletrac Navman for an undisclosed sum to as to enter the fleet telematrics market.
- Compass Intelligence created a list of the top 25 commercial telematics providers. The top 10 companies in this list are: Verizon Connect, AT&T's Fleet Complete, Spireon (Fleet Locate), Geotab, Omnitracs, Inseego, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Teletrac Navman, and Sprint.
Summary of Preliminary Findings
- Out of the identified companies, we will start by selecting 4 so as to focus research on them. The four companies that have been selected from the above list are Trimble, Verizon Connect, Trimble, and Omnitracs.
- If a different set of companies is desired, kindly communicate this in your reply.
- Next, research will focus on another set of companies in the lists above to total to 10 companies i.e. Teletrac Navman, AirIQ, MiX Telematics, TomTom, Actsoft, and Ctrack.
Proprietary Research Available
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- Fleet Telematics Systems in the US - Industry Market Research Report (12/04/2018) - (IBISWorld, $1,090)
- Fleet Telematics Systems in the US - Procurement Research Report (03/15/2019) - (ProcurementIQ, $1,645)
- If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.