Fleet Unit Registrations by Class and State
To obtain the number of fleet unit registrations by state and by class.
- As of January 1, 2019, there were 3,222,000 (431,000+204,000+727,000+1,860,000) commercial fleet units in classes 1-5 in the United States.
- As of the same date, there were 2,995,000 (22,000+1,195,000+48,000+1,730,000) government fleet units in classes 1-5 in the U.S.
- As of the same date, there were 2,255,000 rental fleet units in classes 1-5 in the U.S.
- This makes a total of 8,472,000 (3,222,000+2,995,000+2,255,000) class 1-5 fleet units in the U.S.
- While this report provides details on the total number of vehicle registrations for each state for 2017, there are no details on how many of these registrations are for fleet vehicles.
- However, the State of Texas reports that they register almost 24 million vehicles per year. Since the Statista report says the number of registered vehicles is 8.2 million, this data from the state calls that data into question, or, at the very least, makes it unclear what is actually represented by the Statista numbers.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.