Fleet Vehicles - US
To find how many fleet vehicles are associated with each class and whether they are leased or owned.
- According to the FAA, there are 167,100 fixed-wing general aviation aircraft registered in the US.
- 10,500 rotary aircraft are registered.
- There are also 34,200 experimental light aircraft.
- According to BTS, there are 193,672,370 light-duty vehicles (short wheel base), 8,715,204 motorcycles, 56,880,878 light-duty vehicles (long wheel base), 9,336,998 trucks (single-axle), 2,892,218 trucks (combination) and 983,231 buses as of 2017.
- As of 2017, there were 63,759 motor buses, 2,557 light rail cars, 10,705 heavy rail cars, 539 trolley bus vehicles, 7,129 commuter rail cars/locomotives, 33,012 demand responsive vehicles and 18,104 other vehicles.
- In the US, there were 306,268 Class 1 freight cars as of 2017.
- There were also 26,547 Class 1 locomotives, 1,405 Amtrak passenger cars and 419 Amtrak locomotives.
- There were 33,128 nonself-propelled vessels in the US in 2017.
- There were also 9,411 self-propelled vessels, 176 ocean-going self-propelled vessels and 11,961,568 recreational craft.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.