Fleet Vehicles in US: Average Purchase Costs
To provide the most recently available data on the average purchase costs of fleet vehicles in the US, categorized by classes (Class 1 through 8).
1. Class 8 (tractors): $17/mile
2. Classes 6 & 7 (trucks): $28.5/mile
3. Reefer trailers: $9.1/mile
4. Dry van trailers: $8.5/mile
- At the end of 2018, the number of Class 8 vehicles expected to be sold the following year was estimated between 350,000 and 440,000 across the US.
- According to Statista, the average cost of a new Class 8 truck in 2018 was US$117,430.
- Sales of medium-duty Class 6 and 7 trucks were up 14% from the previous year in July 2019 especially for brands such as Ford and Navistar International.
- According to Ford, the average starting costs of its Class 6 and 7 vehicles ranges from US$57,000 — US$72,000.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.