Florist/Flower Market

Goals

To understand the US florist market.

Early Findings

  • The US florist industry was worth $7 billion in 2019.
  • The industry is declining, down 1.9%.
  • Floral Daily breaks down the industry into florists/sellers (68.4%), wholesalers (2.2%) and growers (29.4%).
  • According to the Product Marketing Association, supermarkets actually made up 48% of flower sales, with florists making up 35% (the rest, apparently, came from mass merchandiser outlets).
  • Platforms like FTD and Teleflora take around 27% of sales before the other 73% goes to the local florist.
  • Top US vendors are FTD (and its companies), 1800Flowers, Teleflora and From You Flowers.
  • The biggest importers of cut flowers are the US, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, France, Russia, and Japan, which would lead to the conclusion that they are the largest market in terms of spend on flowers.
  • Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from IBIS World for an additional $1,090. This research includes a robust analysis of the US florist industry.

Proposed next steps:

You need to be the project owner to select a next step.