COVID-19 Research Funding
To provide a list of organizations granting funds for COVID-19-related research.
- The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) has set aside the sum of $5 million to support COVID-19-related projects.
- The award amounts include $750,000 for clinical trials, $400,000 for research in the late preclinical stage, $350,000 for translational stage, and $150,000 for discovery stage.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke on April 30, 2020, announced of the urgent need for "research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and biological effects on the nervous system of its causative agent, the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)."
- The application for the funding is not to exceed $200,000. Also, the timing of the project is not to exceed one year. Other conditions for the grant are contained herein.
- Fast Grant is also providing research funding in the tune of $10,000 to $500,000 for scientists in academic institutions working on a COVID-19 related project.
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR) is providing funding support for research questions emanating from the COVID-19 pandemic through various mechanisms.
- On April 6, 2020, Pfizer Foundation announced the commitment of $40 million in medical and charitable cash grants to aid in combating the health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. and the entire globe.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.