Brand Commitments to Using R32 or R454B
To ascertain the formal position of each of the following brands on committing to the use of R32 or R454B in the manufacturing of their HVAC products: Carrier, Honeywell, Lennox, Trane, Johnson Controls, York, Nortek, and Rheem. Include any specific comments they have made and how they have been advertising their decision. Research will be used to understand how different HVAC manufacturers are dealing with the transition to new industry refrigerant standards.
During this first hour of research we were able to examine Carrier and its commitment to using R454B (a.k.a. Puron Advance) to replace the refrigerant R410A. The company expects to release products using R454B by 2023. Carrier has been called an HVAC industry leader in sustainability efforts, and other companies are expected to follow its example.
Carrier's Commitment to the Use of R454B
Public Comments and Press Releases
- Carrier first announced its commitment to using R454B in December 2018 and positioned itself as an industry leader "in offering the refrigerant of the future." Its press release stated that products using R454B would be available in 2023.
- The focus of Carrier's commitment to using the new refrigerant is sustainability, efficiency, and environmental protection.
- Carrier has assured the public that it is working closely with regulators to "develop standards, codes, and regulations that will help ensure the safe use of R454B."
- A 2018 article on the topic described Carrier as an "industry trendsetter" and stated that its commitment to using R454B means "the beginning of the end for R410A."
- Carrier has an entire section of its website dedicated to its sustainability practices and goals where it describes itself as the leader in "the phase-out of ozone-depleting refrigerants."
- The company advertised its commitment to the use of R454B on its LinkedIn page in 2018 and received 480 likes. Further discussion on the platform surrounding the announcement describe Carrier's commitment as an exciting industry achievement.
- Carrier worked with the Chemours Company to develop its plan to implement the use of R454B, and both companies promoted the commitment on Twitter back in 2018.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.