Freight Forwarding Market
To provide an industry analysis of the freight forwarding market, focused on size, trends, key competitors, CAGR, amount of money invested in the industry, and the tonnage transported every year. The focus will be on the global market, the LATAM market and the Ecuadorian market.
- The total value of the global freight forwarding market in 2016 was $141.9 billion.
- It was predicted that the market will grow at a CAGR of 4.1% until 2020 and will continue to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% until 2024.
- The South American market is predicted to have a market share of 5.9% in 2020 and roughly $10 billion in revenue.
- The major countries in the South American market are Brazil and Chile. Unfortunately, according to Mordor intelligence, LATAM's growth will be low in the next 5 years except for Mexico, where the growth of the industry will be moderate due to its proximity and ties to the US.
- The biggest players in the freight forwarding industry include DHL, Kuehne + Nagel, Expeditors, DSV A/S, and DB Shenkers. Their market share at the end of 2016 was as follows: DHL - 7.9%; Kuehne + Nagel - 7%; DB Shenker Logistics - 5.2%; Expeditors - 4.6%; DSV A/S - 3.5%.
- In 2018, the total international seaborne freight cargo amounted to 9,535 billion tonnes while the global airfreight cargo amounted to 6.69 million tonnes.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
While a lot of the requested information was readily available, information on Ecuador was fairly limited. As such we propose to move forward with the following project. 1) A request going over the global freight forwarding market size, the forecasted CAGR, and the tonnage transported every year. 2) A request that focuses specifically on the LATAM market size, the CAGR for the next 5 year, and the amount of transported cargo in tonnes. We will also include a few insights, as available, about Ecuador. 3) A request that focuses on the 4-5 major trends that are driving growth in the global freight forwarding market. 4) A request that focuses on the 4-5 major trends that are driving growth in the LATAM freight forwarding market. 5) An analysis on the 5 above-mentioned top players, including their # of employees, revenue, networks, to which countries they distribute, and the total amount of cargo they transport. We will also attempt to find the most recent valuation of Flexport, iContainers, Nowports, and Twill. ^) We will identify 3-5 of the biggest players in LATAM. For each, we will include including their # of employees, revenue, networks, to which countries they distribute, and the total amount of cargo they transport. 6) Finally, we will provide an overview of the total amount invested in 2018-2019 into the industry, identify the major investors in the industry and detail what they invest in the most.
Alternatively, on top of what we described above we could devote 2 additional requests for Ecuador. 1) One request will attempt to find the market size, the CAGR for the next 5 year, and the amount of transported cargo in tonnes. 2) The other one will look into 3-5 of the major players in the country, detailing their # of employees, revenue, networks, to which countries they distribute, and the total amount of cargo they transport.