Frozen Dinner Trends
The goal is to evaluate the biggest competitors in the space of frozen meals and to discern the trends within frozen foods across different consumers.
Health Trends / Fads Surrounding Frozen Foods
- Jackfruit is becoming the go-to plant-based meat alternative. Trader Joe's and The Jackfruit Company have frozen dinners featuring this plant-based alternative.
- While currently a trend in Canada, the idea of decreasing sodium in frozen foods could easily migrate to the US. Frozen dinners were among the 48% of food categories that failed to meet sodium reduction goals. Low-sodium frozen dinners are easily available on Amazon.
- Paying attention to nutrition labels has become much more important as consumers are being alerted to high-calorie, fat, and sodium frozen dinners. WebMD provides guidelines to consumers to make healthy decisions.
- Ethnic (especially Asian), "vegetarian, low-calorie, supersized, natural, and organic meals" are all becoming standard-place in grocery stores. These dinners are often chosen because they expose consumers to new types of cuisines in an immediate way.
- Frozen dinners are moving into the specialty and premium sectors. Special effort is being made to remove the stigma from frozen dinners and present them in a much more appealing way.
Proprietary Research Available
Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Icon Group International for an additional $595. This research includes the outlook for frozen dinners across the US for the years 2019-2024 broken down by the individual states.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.