Patient Frustrations with Healthcare Providers
To identify patient's pain points with health care providers in the U.S. across different demographics such as gender, age, income level, insured vs uninsured, healthy vs chronically ill, rural vs urban location, and others.
Rising Costs of Healthcare
- A 2017 report hinted that healthcare cost in the U.S. has risen from 5% of GDP in 1960 to 18% in 2017, and was projected to hit 20% by 2027.
- According to a survey report published by PRNews Wire, paying their medical bills ranks as the top pain point for 98% of healthcare consumers in the U.S.
- According to the report, 97 percent of healthcare consumers in the U.S. ranked "financially related tasks that take place prior to a doctor's appointment as "very" to "extremely" important parts of their healthcare journey, but most are dissatisfied with current solutions to address these pain points."
- A separate report by Experian established that 90% of patients in the U.S. “vastly underestimated” major medical procedure costs.
- Furthermore, a Kaiser Family Foundation Health survey found that overall "85% of Americans are worried about paying more for health coverage, and 60% are worried about losing that coverage."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.