U.S Restaurants: Future Trends
To provide 3-5 trends that will have an impact on U.S. restaurants in the future.
Trend #1: Self-Service Kiosks
- This innovative touch screen technology hastens the ordering process, speeds up lines, and provides a lot of benefits for fast casuals.
- It gives customers a novel way of ordering food, giving them with more control to personalize the food according to their wants and needs.
- Self-service/ self-ordering kiosks can boost sales for restaurants by 5%-6% during their first year of use.
- Demand in the U.S. is increasing and many restaurants will integrate this feature into their services by 2024.
- Through facial recognition technology, the machine is fully aware of the customer's name, order history, and other vital details.
- Benefits to restaurants include speeding up of the provision of services and enhancement of check sizes.
Summary of Early Findings
- We provided one trend that will have an impact on U.S. restaurants in the future (self-service kiosks) in the early findings.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We are suggesting research that provides 2-3 additional trends that will have an impact on U.S. restaurants in the future. For each trend, we will describe what it is, why it is a trend, and why it will affect restaurants in the future. Please check this box if we should continue with this research.
We can also provide 2-3 insights surrounding emerging technologies that are being used by restaurants in the U.S. For each technology, we will describe what it is, how it is applicable to/applied by restaurants, and any negative and positive impacts that it has on restaurant operations. Please check this box if we should continue with this research.