- Some top fund administrators are State Street, SS&C GlobeOp, and SEI. Others include The Bank of New York Mellon, Apex Fund Services, Northern Trust, RBC Investor and Treasury Services, BNP Paribas Securities Services, Caceis, Citi, and Societe Generale Securities Services. Research was conducted on companies individually to uncover technology acquisitions in the past five years.
- In 2018, State Street acquired BestX, a company that provides analytics on global exchange markets. No financial details of the deal were made public.
- Also in 2018, State Street acquired Charles River Development, a firm that provides investment management tools and solutions. The acquisition cost $2.6 billion.
- In 2015, SS&C acquired Advent Software at a cost of $2.7 billion in cash plus the assumption of debt. One of Advent's top products at the time of acquisition was their Black Diamond software.
- In 2018, SS&C acquired Intralinks at a cost of $1.5 billion. Intralinks is a financial technology provider and has "the leading investor communications platform for private equity and hedge fund professionals." Intralinks also brings cloud-based virtual data rooms to the deal.
- In 2017, SEI Investments acquired Archway Technology Partners, a "major provider of operating technologies and services to the family office industry." According to an SEC filing, the purchase price was $80 million.
- In 2018, Northern Trust acquired BEx LLC, "a provider of foreign exchange (FX) software solutions." Financial details were not made public.
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
If you'd like us to purchase either of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!