Future of Education Research
Identify top technology tools and software that are shaping the future of K-12 education in the following categories: learning tech, teaching tech, school management solutions, and hardware and equipment.
- According to a 2019 report from software company Kaltura, 98% of teachers agree that interactive video will be the future of personalized learning.
- Game-based learning is a trend that is expected to continue growing in the coming years.
- The Artificial Intelligence market in the US Education Sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 47.77% between 2018 and 2022. AI is increasingly used to enhance personalized learning.
- An example of an AI personalized learning tool is Happy Numbers, a tool that teaches math. In one school, only 60% of students in the first grade achieved the benchmark score at the beginning of the year, but with Happy Numbers, 100% reached the benchmark by the end.
- Online lesson planning and storage allows teachers to access and apply lessons from past years and from other teachers easily.
- AI-enabled teaching assistants help teachers manage activities like adjusting course material using student input and keep them updated on students that may be falling behind.
- Existing examples of AI assisting teachers include IBM's Watson Education.
- Century Tech is an AI tool that measures student engagement and responses to help educators understand how their students learn, and Gradescope is an essay grading software that can shorten grading time by 50%.
- Microsoft's Azure Machine Learning software helps schools create a predictive model to predict a student's probability of graduating, which allows teachers and administrators to develop proactive solutions.
School Management Solutions
- Veyon is a free and open source school management system for classroom management and computer monitoring.
- Edmodo is a digital classroom management software that connects students, teachers, and parents to share documents and materials for different classes.
- EdNex provides school management solutions for K-12 that include content management systems, online platforms for parents that make communication transparent, and more.
Hardware and Equipment
- Google currently dominates the education sectors' hardware, as its cheap and user-friendly Chromebooks make up 58% of all devices purchased for US classrooms.
- Apple's market share fell 33% between 2012 and 2017, and Microsoft's fell by 21%.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.