Future – Personalized Fitness
To provide a competitive landscape of Future including company overview, revenue/financials, business model, subscription fees, number of users, competitive advantage, and reasons why the company was identified as a competitor of Future.
- According to Owler (also cited by Crunchbase), the top 3 competitors of Future are Crossfit, Sworkit, and Daily Burn.
- An article by Tedcrunch states that the closest competitor to Future is Fit.net.
- While the revenue figures for Future was not available, Tedcrunch has reported that Future charges $150 per month with 95% of users staying with the app for 3 months and 85% for 6 months.
- The number of subscribers of this app was not publicly available.
- According to Crunchbase, Sworkit has a revenue of $2.4 million.
- There are 2 subscription options: $59.99 annually or $9.99 monthly.
- According to a Harvard Business Review article, 1.5 million people use Sworkit monthly but only a small proportion are paid users.
- Daily Burn has a revenue of $3 million according to Crunchbase.
- It has a 30 day free trial, then a $19.99/month subscription.
- Daily Burn had around 2.5 million members as of 2017.
- Its revenue according to Crunchase is $3.1 million.
- While it has been reported that Fit.net has been closed down, the company website is still functioning. We can search further to see if the company is still in business.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We can continue this research to analyze the competitive landscape of Future with its two closest competitors (from the 3 already identified). We will provide the following information: an overview, business model, subscription fees, revenue, number of users, and competitive advantage and present our findings in a spreadsheet.
In addition, we can provide insights into 5-7 emerging trends within the fitness app industry (this can include information relating to what customers are seeking, products/services commonly offered in the market, etc).